Clear Quality Limited takes the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are completely committed to protecting your personal data and complying with all applicable legislation in relation to data protection.
This policy applies to any personal information about you that you provide to Clear Quality Limited or any data that may be provided to us by a third party.
The data controller in respect of personal information processed under this policy is Clear Quality Limited (a company incorporated in England with company number 10688487) whose registered office is at 20 Paradise Square, Sheffield, S1 2DE.
Should you have any queries in relation to this policy or how we process your data, our Compliance Officer in respect of data protection matters can be contacted on 01709 918501 or via email at email@example.com.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Clear Quality Limited collects personal information about you to enable us to provide you with our products and services and to allow us to improve and further develop these for the future.
WHAT KIND OF DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Clear Quality Limited may collect the following types of personal data from you:
• Contact details, such as your email address and/or telephone number
• Financial information and credit history
• Employment details
• Identifiers assigned to your computer or other device, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address; when used to access our online services.
To ensure that the data we hold is kept up to date and accurate, it is important that you notify us should any of your personal data change.
HOW DO WE RECEIVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Clear Quality Limited receives personal information about you:
• When you contact us to make an enquiry, either directly or via our online services and social media.
• From your employer, if we have been contracted to provide services on their behalf.
• From carefully selected business partners who provide products and services, such as trade bodies.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Clear Quality Limited may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• To verify your identity and/or to enable us to identify you when you contact us.
• To help administer your account with us and ensure the accurate upkeep of information provided therein.
- To enable us to inform you of future developments in our products and services.
• As a precursor to entering into or providing a contractual obligation.
• Recover debts that you owe to our business and trace your whereabouts.
• To help to prevent instances of fraud and money laundering.
• To carry out marketing and statistical analysis to help make decisions about the strategic development of our business and aid account management.
• To contact you for marketing purposes relating to products and services that believe may be of interest to you.
• To enable us to fulfil a contractual obligation with your employer.
THE LAWFUL GROUNDS THAT WILL BE RELIED UPON WHEN YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED
Clear Quality Limited rely on different lawful grounds for processing your personal data. We will collect and use your personal data in the following situations:
• where our use of your personal data is necessary to fulfil a contractual obligation;
• where our use of your personal data is within our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of the organisation with which we have shared your personal data and we have made sure that your personal data, and your rights in relation to that data, are protected;
• where we believe it is necessary to use your personal data to comply with a legal obligation;
• in limited circumstances where we believe it is necessary to protect someone's safety or interests;
• where we have your consent. Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please see the 'Your rights' section of this notice for further information.
WHO DO WE PROVIDE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
Clear Quality Limited may provide your personal information to:
• Marketing providers.
• Third party debt collection agencies, insolvency practitioners and legal advisors.
• Our service providers who perform services on our behalf.
• Your employer, on occasions where we are fulfilling a contractual obligation with them.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
All personal data we hold about you is stored on secure servers operated by Clear Quality Limited or its third-party service providers.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Clear Quality Limited will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was obtained.
We will only keep your data for longer than this if it is necessary to do so to meet a legal or regulatory obligation.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data which is processed by Clear Quality Limited.
• ACCESS – you can request access to your personal data and further details about how it is processed by us.
• OBJECT – you have the right to object to us processing your personal data for the purpose of marketing our products and services.
• RECTIFICATION – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data that we hold about you.
• ERASURE – you can request erasure of any personal data that we hold about you, where the processing was based on explicit consent that you provided to us.
You have a right at any time to opt-out or withdraw consent provided to us for the purpose of receiving marketing material from us, or to amend the way in which you receive marketing material. We will only use your personal data to send you marketing messages if we have your consent or on the basis of “legitimate interest”; when we have a commercial reason to use the data you have provided to us. The basis of legitimate interest will always be used in line with what is best for you and your rights.
To manage your rights and delivery preferences please contact our Compliance Officer via the following means:
Post: Clear Quality Limited, Silkstone House, Wath Upon Dearne, Rotherham, S63 7JZ.
Telephone: 01709 918501.
Please note that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office via the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION