ISO 45001 OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
What is ISO 45001?
During the mid seventies, health and safety laws were introduced to help manage and bring down accidents, illness and more importantly deaths within the workplace. Companies around the U.K adopted OHSAS 18001 which helped them maintain and manage their health and safety management systems in a structed manner. The introduction of ISO 45001 will provide a more enhanced and robust framework for their health and safety management system that can also be simply integrated with already existing ISO standards.
If you currently hold certifications in ISO 9001 or 14001 and you are looking to migrate your current OHSAS 18001 system to ISO 45001, the great news is that you’re nearly there! How is this? Due to the high-level structure, Annex SL. This is an element of which 9001 & 14001 are built on, such as the new clause, “4” – Context of the organisation.
How can I get ISO 45001?
What are the next steps? Gaining certification can be very straight forward. Clear Quality will work with you, not against you to ensure your journey to implementing a health and safety management system is seamless. At Clear Quality, our team of experienced & friendly consultants will be there to offer support and guidance to provide you with helpful templates that will help you maintain or create your system, this saving you time and money.
- Clear Quality can complete a GAP Analysis, to establish how your system currently fits within the standard that has been published and help you understand the gaps, so a plan of action can be implemented, this will include: context of the organisation, interested parties, communication plans, legal compliance and relevant other documents that will compliment your organisation.
- We will help you update your existing health and safety management system or help implement your new system to show you are being compliant with ISO 45001.
- Help and guide you through internal audits to ensure that all the changes that have been made are correct and relevant to support your needs.
- Confirm and arrange a date with the certification body, if you chose to work with Clear Quality, we may be able to obtain a reduced fee with one of the UKAS certification bodies that we work with.
What are the benefits to my organisation?
- ISO 45001 will help you maintain and establish controls which take in account legal compliance, risks & opportunities that may affect your business
- The system will help increase awareness of health & safety, by ensuring more employee participation take ownership within their role.
- Enhance your brand – your customers and clients will see you have taken health & safety seriously, by achieving this international standard.
- By holding ISO 45001, this may help reduce insurance premiums, as it’ll show you have an effective health and safety management system that is well maintained.
- Greater understanding of health, safety and business risks. This new standard will help you understand hazards that may be associated to your business and help you eliminate these or help put control measures in place to minimise.
- Increase trust! Once certificated, you will hold an international recognised certificate, which will help to set you apart from your competitors, not only that, you are showing that you’re actively demonstrating continuous improvement to your employees, customers and contractors.
- Increase return on investment (ROI). Once ISO 45001 has been implemented within your organisation, you are demonstrating efficiency within the workforce, who are working well to procedures / processes in place. On tendering for new business, ISO 45001 will also show clients that you work within these guidelines.
- Risk & hazard assessments – By completing and maintaining an internal audits schedule, this will provide an early warning sign to help your organisation spot any potential risk or hazard that may have a detrimental outcome.
- Implementing ISO 45001 will help improve working conditions, which focuses on employee communication and training to improve productivity that will minimise risk. Staff will be motivated with greater awareness of health & safety which can reduce absenteeism and increase productivity through staff morale.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate commitment and continually improve high standards in H&S performance monitoring and accident reporting.
- Reduce the risk of possible fines if found to be in breach of H&S laws.
- ISO 45001 is there to aid your organisations compliance, which can not only help prevent employee’s injury, it will also help reduce the potential costly fines for non-compliance.
- The benefits are clear for employees, they will see improved working conditions and lesson their risk for injury or illness.
Contact us today
Our dedicated and qualified consultants will support you and your business every step of the way in creating, implementing and managing the perfect health & safety management system to suit your individual business needs and objectives. We ensure compliance to the requirements of the international standards and work with you to continually improve the quality across your provision.
Contact Clear Quality today for a free no obligation chat.