ISO 21001:2018 Educational organisations — Management systems for educational organisations
ISO 21001:2018 focuses on a continual improvement, process-based approach that supports the effective management of educational organisations. This enables you to meet the requirements of learners and staff through an efficient, effective quality management system (QMS). It is suitable for any organisation that wishes to improve learner satisfaction, staff motivation, and build a culture of continual improvement. ISO 21001:2018 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides a process-based approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures in the organisation, which are required to achieve effective quality management.
All requirements of ISO 21001:2018 are generic and can be applicable to any organisation that uses a curriculum to support development and competence through teaching, learning and research.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
ISO 21001:2018 is the latest version of the ISO 21001 accreditation.
As top management, your first requirement in meeting the ISO 21001:2018 accreditation is to determine your objectives and provide a documented quality policy. It is essential that your top management is committed to implementing an effective QMS as they will be pivotal to success. With their implementation team and support from Clear Quality, you will create a quality manual in line with your objectives.
Documented procedures and records required by the standard of ISO 21001:2018 to control an effective quality management system:
- A documented system will be created to control approval, distribution, revision and storage. These should be easy to operate and follow, yet sufficient to meet the requirements of the ISO 21001:2018 standards.
- You will demonstrate a clear process and set of procedures to ensure compliance is consistent.
- Objectives and targets will also be documented and must be consistent with the goals of the QMS, including continual improvement and risk-based thinking.
- All relevant documentation should be made easily available and useable in either print or electronic version and communicated throughout your business.
- Throughout the process, internal audits will take place to confirm compliance to the international standards and that the QMS meets the business requirements.
Continual improvement of the effectiveness of the quality management system must be followed on a continuous basis to confirm suitability.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING THE ISO 21001 ACCREDITATION TO MY ORGANISATION?
- Provides senior management with an efficient management process to allow the smooth running of the organisation.
- Build confidence in prospective learners that your teaching methods are of a high standard.
- Sets out clear areas of responsibility across the organisation.
- Highlights deficiencies.
- Identifies and encourages more efficient and time-saving processes.
- Reduces your costs.
- Improves quality and service.
- Develops a ‘right first-time’ attitude.