AS9100 is widely recognised as the international Quality Management System standard for the Aviation, Space and defence (AS&D) industry. AS9100 Rev D (2016) is the most recent version is essential to many organisations looking to deal in the Aerospace industry.
The purpose of this standard is to define the requirements and industry-accepted practices, which provides confidence to aviation, space and defence customers and organisations that their suppliers with certification of their quality management systems issued by accredited Certification body meet the applicable AQMS standard requirements.
The latest version of AS9100 (Rev D) includes the following factors to consider:
- Human factors taken into consideration regarding corrective action and management.
- Increased emphasis on the risks involved with operational processes.
- Reinforcing the requirement for being aware of how an individual contributes to service or product quality and safety.
- Configuration management clauses were improved to better serve stakeholder requirements.
- Added clauses focused on Counterfeit Parts Prevention.
Are there any similarities between the AS9100 and ISO 9001?
The AS9100 is based on the ISO 9001 standard as a foundation for its requirements with the inclusion of additional clauses and requirements throughout that are specific to the aviation, space and defence industry. This makes transitioning from ISO 9001 to AS9100 simple, providing you have the right guidance.
What are the benefits of having AS9100?
- Provides assurance to company management and employees, as well as external stakeholders, that quality is at the heart of your business.
- Gain a competitive advantage and the trust of stakeholders.
- Improve company reputation and the confidence of stakeholders through strategic communication.
- Increased profitability as productivity improves and rework costs are reduced.
- Increased customer satisfaction.
- Defects are caught early and corrected at a lower cost to the business.
- Greater employee awareness/ engagement of the business procedures.
If you require any advice or support please get in touch today to arrange a free no obligation meeting and our friendly expert team will be happy to help. Clear Quality may also support you with up to 50% funding towards the costs of creating and implementing a QMS aligned to requirements of the AS standards.
Tel: 01709 918 501 / email@example.com